THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 3, 2012

Long Weekend Woes.

Ok, so here we go. We're approaching the long weekend.

I had a goal in mind this week to hit the gym every day. And I did it for the beginning - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Yesterday I had all the best intentions to go. But around noon, I started to get really bad cramps, to the point where walking to my car was uncomfortable. Never mind half an hour on the treadmill at the gym. I figure it might be my body reacting to the amount of good food it's been consuming. Either way, I needed to get my paycheque and it was the last day of class. Which I couldn't miss. So I just went home, made myself a beef wrap (left over beef from Tuesday's tacos) and lay down for a bit. The cramps subsided but didn't completely go away, which left me uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

So as for today, I'm hoping to get there. I have to organize my schedule though. I need to get jello shooter cups, go home, have lunch and meet with my cousin whom I'm helping with a video audition that we have to get done before he has to leave for work at four. O_O

In the meantime, work is being done on the house - again. And I'm not sure if there's anything been taken out for dinner. I'm pretty sure the King of Take-out will want subs. I was really good yesterday. Went to a pub for a bite, and instead of getting crap, I got the grilled chicken sandwich with honey garlic sauce, on the side. Of course I got the sweet potato fries, but I had a weak moment. And I had perrier for a drink. I ate only half the bread, using my knife and fork instead of as a sandwich, and only used half the sauce, which was needed cuz the chicken was horrible. And when I got home, I didn't eat the sub hubby had for me - that's today's lunch - instead I just took my pills and went to bed.

I think I'm doing really well with the discipline in the eating department. This weekend will be the test. Not so much Saturday - for the bday party that is happening at our place, hubby is cooking everything himself. So while it might not be fat-free or light, at least I'll know exactly what's going into it.

What's going to kill me are the jello shots/alcohol. I love a good party like the rest of humanity, and I love jello shots. I make them incredibly potent. :D Just ask the bachelorette parties I've made them for.

Just emailing back and forth with Terry. And she made a comment that made me stop and think. She said "You're going to win this one." And she's right - there's no room for failure this time around. Not with everything I want to do in life.

So I will hit the gym today. Just working out the schedule with my cousin now. If I keep this up, there's nothing I can't do. Now if I could only get disciplined with my writing, I'd be laughing.

0 comments: